Practice Size Prior to Working With Survival Strategies: A space in the health club, another partner and a couple other staff. After TEN YEARS of this, I was up to about 150 treatments a week…and thought I was pretty hot. My referrals came from only five doctors, and 70% came from one doctor alone.
Practice Profile: Panetta Physical Therapy includes a 30, 000 square foot athletic club offering Physical Therapy, Massage Therapy, “Body Balance for Performance” (therapy to improve your golf game), “Virtual Snow” (state-of- the-art snow simulator), Personal Training specializing in weight loss, nutrition, improved strength, health, endurance, wellness, sports training and lots of TLC.
Practice Philosophy: At Panetta Physical Therapy, we use the latest hands-on techniques to treat our patients most effectively We can help treat neck and back pain, orthopedic and sports injuries, shoulder, arm, wrist and/or hand problems, knee, ankle and foot problems, arthritis, auto accidents, work related injuries, joint replacement, and more. We work in coordination with your own Doctor within his protocols.
Years working with Survival Strategies: Since 1997
Practice Goals Attained Since Working With Survival Strategies:
- We deliver 800 treatments a week out of 3 centers on Long Island.
- We average 250 referral sources per year, not 5, as in the first ten years.
- My partner and I regularly take weeks off out of the practice and the production rolls on.
- My staff and managers are able to take time off and cover for each other because they are all trained, not only as clinicians, but in the management and marketing skills related to their posts.
- We have an in-house study course room.
- I not only have my own cool stationery (joke), but we produce marketing materials that are the envy of the entire region. I have had doctors ask me to do their newsletters, they were so impressed.
- We pick and choose our insurance companies, evaluate them and fire them when they don’t meet our standards.
- While practices throughout the state of New York have been bankrupting and closing due to insurance cut-backs, we are on top of our finances. We have cash-based programs and enough depth that we, no doubt, will grow and continue to be viable.
- I am in “Phase II” as an owner, and have power of choice over my time completely. I have been able to get involved in some social betterment programs in my community, build our nutrition and wellness programs and help other medical professionals implement nutrition and wellness programs in their practices as well. I treat when I want to. The other day, I was laughing at how much fun it was to treat for a while just for the pure joy of it!
Of these activities, one of the most exciting is that I oversee a national “branding” campaign for my profession: TRY PT FIRST! This has become the most widespread and effective campaign of its kind in the history of our profession. There is joy in working for the greater good.
I helped to form a national interdisciplinary network of my colleagues, the Private Practitioner’s Dream Team. We do mentoring, share successful actions, and meet once a year for some of the most exciting networking available.